I never imagined myself to be adding recipes to this blog, seeing as I’m not really a cook. I’m someone that has never found cooking to be fun and I can also be very particular about what I eat.
But from my previous blog (if you’ve read it), I did mention about learning ways in loving food again and with addition to that, my friend has asked me to send her the recipe. So really it’s thanks to her that I’m doing this. Cheers chica.
So, Red Thai Curry for 2 people, as well as leftovers (usually for myself & my fiancé). With this dish we change it up, to either the vegetarian option or with chicken.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 200g of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast (sliced into big chunks) (optional)
- A tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tin of coconut milk (400 mls)
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5-6 tbsp of red thai curry paste
- Tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Half a tin of bamboo shoots (225g)
- Half a tin of water chestnuts (225)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g)
- Basil or Coriander fresh herbs
- Red chilli (optional, depending on whether people like a lot of spice)
- Served with whatever rice you prefer
- Add the oil to the pan, along with the chopped red onion and garlic. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, pinch of salt and pepper and tsp of ginger. Fry until golden and well cooked.
- Add red pepper, chickpeas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots (red chilli is optional). Fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add paste and basil or coriander, followed later by the coconut milk. Stir everything for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish a little basil or coriander on top and serve with whole grain rice/ basmati rice.